1. Wormwood. (Artemisia afra and other species). Artemisia afra is a commonly used plant in South Africa for treating colds and flus due to its antimicrobial and antiviral properties and is often steamed with or taken as a tincture. Very effective as a decongestant and in killing parasites too.
2. St Johns Wort (Hypericum perforatum): Incubation of viruses with substances from the plant like hypericin renders many viruses non-infectious. It inhibits binding and entry of the virus into the human host cells.
3. Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) has a compound called Rosmarinic acid that has shown to have antiviral activity. Add with other herbs to tinctures.
4. Baical Skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis) is a powerful antiviral herb. Baicalein, a flavanoid, occurs in many Scutellaria species, particularly S. baicalensis, is commonly used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for infectious diseases. It is used in combinations that have shown improvements with people with HIV infections.
5. Turmeric. (Curcuma longa) Curcumin a substance in the plant shows anti-viral activity by several mechanism including integrase inhibition. If taken orally black pepper improves bioavailability.
6. Mullein (Verbascum thapsiforme) has been studied in in vitro tests to have inhibitory and antiviral activity against Herpes simplex type 1 virus. In another study Mullein showed antiviral activity in vitro (in test tube laboratory studies) against several influenza A strains, a strain of influenza B and Herpes simplex virus. A fantastic herb to relieve viral stimulated coughs and to soothe the lungs taken as a tincture together with other herbs.
7. Ginger. Ginger is an excellent source of Zinc to stimulate immune cells to defend the body and has anti rhino viral activity.
8. Andrographis paniculata. Andrographolide is a diterpene lactone and the main constituent of the traditional Chinese and Indian herb Andrographis paniculata. Known primarily for its usefulness as a tonic and as a treatment of common viral infections, by combining andrographis with other herbs can provide a“natural cocktail” to control viral infections.
Find Calmness & Come Back to Mother Nature & Learn Her Healing Secrets. She is there to Nurture us with her Foods and Medicines. I can show you how.
Jean-Francois Sobiecki is running a Special Offer until July 31st 2020 on his exciting Online Phytoalchemy video courses: covering using wild edible food and medicine plants for healing http://phytoalchemy.co.za/herbalist-course/ (50% off the usual price).
To make use of this offer: sign up here: http://phytoalchemy.co.za/2018/07/27/all-courses-special-offer/http://phytoalchemy.co.za/2018/07/27/all-courses-special-offer/