What is Phytoalchemy?
A strange word- but it means a simple thing: Phyto (pronounced Fyto) is Greek for Plants, and Alchemy means Transformation from one state to another. So Phyto-Plant Alchemy means: Using medicinal plants to transform illness to health!
What do I cover in my Courses?
In summary: I cover:
How Foods Plants help us to Heal; that is Food as Medicine.
The Study of Medicinal Plants: their growth, chemistry, uses, preparation etc.
The Fundamental Principles of Holistic Medicine & Healing.
How Psychoactive & Visionary Shamanic Plants are used for Healing and Self Development,
& Many Health Tips, Recipes and Insights to increase your Well-being and Health! http://phytoalchemy.co.za/plantcourses/
What Value can you Gain from the Courses?
- To know how to select and use vegetables, fruit, spices, herbs and other medicinal plants and nutrients when shopping, to prevent and treat lifestyle diseases such as high blood pressure, inflammation, diabetes and cancer etc.
- To increase your energy, immunity, mood, libido & concentration to improve work performance and quality of life.
- To understand what are psychoactive and medicinal plants and how they can be used to heal our bodies and minds & increase awareness.
- To live more holistically and improve your relationship to yourself and others and more..
I would like to know what the costs are in ZAR?
Course 1: Food as Medicine & Principles of Healing: R750
Course 2: The Healing Power of Psychoactive Plants: R450
Course 3: The Major Visionary Plants. R850
Course 4: South African Medicinal Plant Healing Walk. R700
You can choose one or more or all the courses on offer.
There is an All Course Special Offer for 2018 of R2500! Great Value for Awesome Knowledge!
Do you receive some forms of certification that will be of benefit to my studies in the field of natural medicine?
Yes, you receive a certificate of completion if you do the all courses package.
Tell us about how they work-the Courses? What is the format of the course?
- The Courses are preloaded on the website and once you purchase either one or more of the courses you can go through the modules in your own time. There is no time limit but flexible learning.
- I would suggest one week per course to digest the knowledge. Set yourself 5 weeks for the whole course with reading papers, doing worksheets, plant factsheets and podcasts.
- You can then re-do the courses at any time for health promotion.
The Knowledge Jean shares is not ordinay text book knowledge but experiential knowledge Jean has gained from working with plant medicines and clinical nutrition in the field of wellness for over 15 years, together with latest medicinal plant research findings & importantly, having gone himself on an intensive Personal Journey of Healing and Self Development.
Jeans courses are designed to help you Transform and Heal your Life through the Power of Natural Medicine & Healing Principles-so you can Live a More Whole, Balanced and Happier life!
Health like Life Itself is a Journey-Embrace it!
“Jean-Francois is passionate about ethnobotany, and doing a great job educating others about it. In these times it is important that people rediscover their connection to nature, and understanding the healing power of plant medicines is a good place to start. Jean has created the tools to empower people to make that connection”
"Jean has played an integral part in helping me understand my connection with medicinal plants. Very knowledgeable and highly experienced. I absolutely recommend his services and programs for anyone who would like to learn more about the benefits of medicinal plants, herbs and overall healthy nutrition."
“As a highly qualified ethnobotanist as well as a man trained in traditional medicine, Jean brings a unique approach to the subject. To do one of Jeans courses is to give oneself a gift. Nobody would regret it!”
“Jeans knowledge of African medicinal plants is mind blowing. If you are interested in wanting to heal yourself with food as medicine and the healing properties of common herbs, vegetables, spices and other medicinal plants, Jeans workshops are a MUST!!!”
“Jean Francois has been deeply immersed in the world of healing plants for many years - wonderful to see he is sharing this knowledge through his courses and guided walks”.
“I've had the chance to participate in two plant tours with Jean and on both occasions, found them to be incredibly insightful. The plant tours are leisurely and also informative and practical and they leave you with a greater appreciation for plant life. I highly recommend it!”
“I attended Jeans workshops which I found to be so interesting and very informative. Jean's knowledge of indigenous - and medicinal plants in general, is incredibly vast, and his passion for the plants shines through in his teachings”.